How to Donate
FamilyAid Boston relies on the generosity of our supporters in our work to end family homelessness. Every gift makes an immediate and lasting difference in the life of a homeless family.
Here are just a few examples of the impact your gift could have:
- $35 feeds a homeless family in shelter for one day.
- $75 connects a homeless mother with an employment specialist who will help her write her first resume and begin a job search.
- $300 ensures that an on-call worker is available 24/7 for one week to place homeless families in emergency shelter.
- $500 connects 6 families living in shelter with a social worker who will help them save money, get the services they need, and create a plan to get them back into housing.
- $1,200 is the average cost to resolve an at-risk family's housing crisis, keeping them in their home and out of shelter.
These are just a few examples of how a donation can help. Any size gift will make a meaningful difference in the lives of homeless families.
The fastest way to help homeless families is to make a secure online donation.
Donate by Mail
If you are more comfortable mailing a donation, you can send a check to:
727 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
Attn: Development Department
Please make your checks payable to FamilyAid Boston. Your donation can be made in honor or memory of a family member or friend. If you provide us with the honoree's mailing information we will send them a letter informing them of your gift. Please note that we do not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of our donors. FamilyAid Boston also offers donors the option to be recognized anonymously in our publications.
Gifts of Securities:
Please contact the development office at 617-542-7286 x249 if you would like to make a gift of appreciated securities.
Corporate and Foundation Giving
Corporations and foundations provide a great deal of support to FamilyAid Boston as we work to end family homelessness. Funding for our programs comes in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Restricted and unrestricted grants;
- Event sponsorships
- Capital support for renovations, equipment, housing, etc.
- Workplace gift drives
For more information on FamilyAid Boston's mission and how it may relate to your institution’s giving philosophy, contact Annie Gordon, Director of Development at 617-542-7286 ext. 249 or email@example.com.
Matching Gift Programs
Check with your employer on whether there is a matching gift program in your workplace. With this program, you may be able to double your contribution to FamilyAid Boston!
The United Way
Designate FamilyAid Boston as the recipient of a restricted donation through the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. Our agency code is 373988.
Thank you for supporting FamilyAid Boston’s work with and for Boston’s homeless families.