FamilyAid Boston’s employment services provide clients with the job search, education and training referrals, and career development resources they need for success.
FamilyAid Boston provides wide-ranging support both for unemployed parents looking for jobs and for those seeking to retain employment or pursue career growth. By combining employment and career development with housing, clinical, and case management services, we strive to give families the best possible chance for success and self-sufficiency.
Families enrolled in this program receive an immediate needs assessment, intensive employment counseling, customized job search support, and career development services from professionals trained to work with homeless families and low-income workers.
Employment Services include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of interests, job skills and abilities, work history, CORI issues and references
- Individualized job search and job retention strategies
- Hot Job postings, workshops, events calendars and support groups
- Access to internet workstations to research job boards, employer websites and community resources
- One-on-one help preparing resumes, cover letters and job applications
- Direct referrals of qualified candidates for appropriate positions with our employer partners
- Post-placement support with workplace issues as needed
- Referrals to community partners, vocational training programs and educational opportunities
Am I Eligible?