How FamilyAid Boston Can Help
Families lose their housing for complex reasons. At FamilyAidBoston, we address the whole problem of family homelessness.
FamilyAid Boston helps families avoid homelessness; access shelter; transition to permanent housing; and regain their stability.
Please note that many of our programs require referrals from state or city agencies, and eligibility requirements apply. Please follow the links to specific program pages for eligibility information.Our services for families include:
- Prevention services to help families who are at risk of becoming homeless stay in their homes.
- Shelter for families in crisis and without a place to live. In partnership with the City of Boston, we are the only agency in Massachusetts providing 24/7 emergency shelter to families with no other shelter options. In collaboration with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we provide apartment-based shelter and support services for homeless families who are working to obtain permanent housing.
- Housing programs, including 6 units owned and managed by FamilyAid Boston, which provide formerly homeless families with permanent affordable housing and support services.
- Stabilization services for formerly homeless families who have entered permanent housing, designed to help them remain housed.
- Employment Services to assist families enrolled in our programs with finding jobs, advancing their careers, and furthering their education.